The new Duotone Dice is here! And this year there’s a lot of new features that will make it your dream kite (or at least mine).
I’ve decided to put all the DICE links together for you so you can find all in 1 click. Also, I wanted to explain to you WHY I choose the DICE (maybe instead of the Vegas that could adapt a bit more to my style of riding). Since it’s a question I’ve gotten quite often in my life so, here we go. Why do I choose to ride DICE?
Before kiteboarding, I used to practice and compete in many other sports (athletics, handball, canoeing, sailing…) and what really got my attention from kiteboarding is the freedom you get from it and how much you have to adapt to the conditions.
I’ll explain it better, when I was running I knew what my training was going to be for the next 2 or 3 months of my life. Conditions didn’t matter, that was my training. With kiteboarding every day is different, some days the wind is so strong you just have to go for a big air session, some other days, the wind is so light you can only go foiling…
So, click! These are the reasons why I chose the DICE:
- The wind is too light and I want to go foiling, the DICE is not the ultimate foiling kite but it makes the work pretty good and, at the end of the day, it puts a smile on your face.
- The wind is too strong, I can just go for a big air session, well, this 2020 the DICE has been redefined to jump and loop better than ever.
- Oh well, flat water and 18 knots are just in front of my eyes, let’s get that freestyle session in. Turns out again, the ideal kite would be a Vegas but the DICE just makes such a good job, I don’t find it worth it to get a set of Vegas to enjoy my session.
- Waves are pumping, let’s go hit that lip! Here you go, once again, the DICE will make you smile since it works SO good in waves (or at least for me).
Summing it up, there are 2 main reasons:
- Traveling gets way lighter since I have 1 kite that does it all.
- Life get’s way easier by having 1 kite that works so good in all disciplines.
Find here some of the most relevant links regarding the new 2020 Duotone DICE:
This video will explain to you exactly which are the changes for 2020 and you’ll see it in action. I personally love this year’s video: https://youtu.be/Hc3em8HbgPA
→DUTONE’S DAREDEVILS SUM UP THE 2020 DICE
Do you want to know what Reno Romeu, Hannah Whiteley, and Colleen Carroll have to say about the new Dice? Just click in the following here: click here.
→2020 DICE – DESIGNER INTERVIEW WITH RALF GRÖSEL
Well, most of the times we don’t even know who does or tests the kites we use but this time Duotone has put this information clear as water for you. Check out what the DICE designer has to say: https://bit.ly/2KNZmTx
I hope you enjoyed reading my point of view about the new 2020 DICE. Let me know what you think and if you still have questions about it.
See you in the water,
- On 16 August, 2019
- 0 Comments